My beautiful girls

My beautiful girls

My boys

My boys

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome to my blog....

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for months... but now that I actually have one it's a bit intimidating. A friend of mine said to just start and it will get easier. I guess I'll have to trust her on that.

I'm an absolute perfectionist.... but I'm working on it. This Christmas I actually gave up the tree to the kids to decorate and didn't redo it after they went to bed. May not sound like much to some... but a big step for me. I like lists and plans and knowing the end results of something before I start. I'm extremely predictable. I don't like making mistakes. I always do the right thing... what's expected of me. I am far from perfect and learning that it's ok to make mistakes along this journey called life... to trust my heart in decisions and to not care so much what others think.

I am married to a complete opposite of myself. Steve is wonderful and is constantly challenging me to just be me! He is funny, disorganized, and unpredictable. He rarely makes lists, keeps all info in his head, and doesn't usually think about the end result. He doesn't care what people think and always follows his heart. He is a wonderful husband... supportive, encouraging and loving. He is a terrific father and a Godly example and leader for our family.

We have been married 12.5 years and have 4 beautiful children. Nicole is 11.5 (can't forget the half... it's very important). She is amazing and beautiful. If I had to pick 2 qualities to describe her they would be truth and compassion. She is refreshingly honest and loves truth (even to the point of being stubborn at times)... sometimes I have to remind her that she doesn't always have to be right (so much like me)... she can definitely argue her points well. She is at the same time so compassionate and has a passion for souls. She decided she wants to be a missionary to Africa teaching young children. Jonah is 10. He is obedient (sometimes to a fault) and kind. He always does the right thing. Always flexible. He is by far our easiest child. Lily is 7. She is sweet, responsible and very sensitive. She is such a help to me and loves doing things around the house. She will cry over the slightest negative tone of your voice. She is also our cuddler. Joseph will be 7 next month. He is our baby. He's very funny and tries to keep up with the other 3.... not always an easy task. It's hard not to baby him and at times I forget how big he's getting.

Well that's it. That's our family. We live on 15 acres and farm organic fruit that we sell in Northern and Southern California. We go to a terrific church and have awesome friends that we love spending time with. I homeschool our 2 youngest and our 2 oldest go to a private Christian school. This blog will give me a chance to record our life because we get so busy and time goes by so fast. It's kind of a written testimony of the wonderful things God is doing in our life.

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! It's a great start. Looking forward to following along with you.

    ReplyDelete